Herbal First Aid Course August 22nd and 23rd at Lovelace Medical Center. (LMC)
601 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave NE Albuquerque, NM 87102.
The Class will be held at Lovelace Medical Center
This class is NOT a full on Herbal Medicine course. This course is designed to work hand in hand with our basic first aid course by adding in herbal remedies and techniques to fully round out your basic first aid knowledge.
This is a 2 day course of intensive training.
Day 1 Basic First Aid Here you LEARN first Aid not how to put on a band aide.
|• Heat and cold Related Emergencies
• Burns • Bone and Joint Injuries
• Wounds and Wound Infection
• Controlling bleeding:Pressure Points, Direct Pressure, Chemical and Herbal clot accelerators, tourniquet
• Shock Treatment
• Cleaning of wounds (How to do a sterile job in the field)
Day 2 Herbal First Aid.
This is where we add the knowledge of herbs to that of first aid. We will discuss the differences between the herbal medicine of the 17th and 21st century
|• Herbal theory
• Introduction to making Tinctures and Herbal teas
• Colloidal silver
|• Herbal clot accelerators,
• Bites, burns and Skin irritations
• Respiratory and Allergen• Pain control